We enjoy going to the Taco Tuesday gathering at Prohibition Drinks & Desserts here in New Bern every week. It’s an evening full of delicious tacos, comradery among fellow boaters, lots of smiles and laughter, and maybe even a salty story or two. My kind of Tuesday night for sure!
Well, since we aren’t going this week (enter pouty faces here), I thought I would share a quick and easy Chicken Nachos recipe instead. Wait a minute, scratch that! We decided to go to Taco Tuesday tonight after all. Yay!! So now this recipe for Chicken Nachos will be in honor of Taco Tuesday. Not exactly tacos, but taco-ish maybe? 😀
Who Doesn’t Love Nachos
Who doesn’t love nachos! Well, I’m sure a few of you don’t, but we happen to be in that love category. We always keep Banjo stocked with the ingredients to make them, which really doesn’t require a lot. Also, you can make them with pretty much anything you have on hand. I most often use canned chicken because it is quick and easy, and doesn’t require cooking. However, if you decide not to take the lazy route like me, you could cook up some chicken, ground beef or turkey, shredded pork, leftover steak, or make it vegetarian and just use beans, etc. etc. etc. So many options. I’m all about options y’all!
Of course, now that I’m sitting here writing about food, I’m getting hungry. I start craving food the minute I start blogging about it, or even researching new recipe ideas. The struggle is real y’all! I swear I don’t know how full-time food bloggers do it!
I would probably be making these tonight, but it’s off to Taco Tuesday we go! 🙂
- tortilla chips
- 2 cans chicken (or other meat of choice)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese…depending on how cheesy you like your nachos 😉
- sour cream
- green onions
- hot sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375°
2. Mix together chicken, tomatoes, green chilies, corn, black beans, and spices in a bowl, and heat in microwave or on the stove until warm.
3. Line a baking sheet with tortilla chips.
4. Spoon chicken mixture over tortilla chips.
5. Sprinkle with cheese.
6. Bake until cheese is melted.
7. Remove from oven and top with your favorite toppings. A few of our favorites are sour cream, cilantro, green onions, hot sauce, and salsa.
For more great recipes, have a look at our other What’s Cooking posts. Also, connect with us on Facebook, Instagram ,YouTube or Patreon.