I love breakfast recipes that are quick and easy, yet hearty, and I think this recipe satisfies both of those.
This is a simple, relatively healthy, and pretty dang tasty recipe for turkey, egg, and cheese muffins. It can also be customized to your liking which is an added bonus. Who doesn’t love an added bonus? 😉 I think these would make a great boat passage meal too!
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 – 3 slices of sliced turkey or ham, diced
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (cheddar,colby, whatever you have on hand)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 375°F. Grease a muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and minced onion, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt.
- Add in the turkey or ham, spinach, and tomatoes and stir well.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the muffin pan.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for around 20-25 minutes in the oven, or until the eggs are cooked and the tops of the muffins are firm.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes.
*You can also use a combination of egg substitute or egg whites. I would say maybe half eggs and half egg substitute.
*Top them with Siracha or hot sauce for a little kick.